Saturday, December 22, 2007

Night on the Town


Erin and I decided to go out last night and take O-daddy with us. Erin had been in the house for about 4 days straight and I felt like she needed it....even though the weather wasn't great. After getting O-dawg all bundled up (see pic to come later), we headed over to Babies 'R' Us first (the one off Steve Reynolds Blvd) to get a car seat that Erin had scoped out to be the best around. There was a SuperTarget next door....so we decided to go in there for a few minutes also. I had Little O in a Baby Bjorn (a little carrier that goes on the front of me) which was very fun. He slept the whole time pretty comfortably (I'm assuming) even though I am not real sure how he was able to breathe. We decided to steal an idea from Will and Cat and do separate shopping for Christmas gifts for each other....$15 limit. Once that was over we ran across the street to Circuit City to pick up a couple of movies for my nephews (David's two oldest) and some headphones for my Zune. Erin decided to keep O in the car with her and by the time I got back, she was feeing him....which meant that we weren't going anywhere fast. After a while we drove over to On the Border (courtesy of the Boyd Smith Family...thanks) and placed an order to go. While we were waiting we ran in Barnes and Noble for about 10 min as well. All in all it was a fun night out, even though we didn't get home and actually eat until almost 10 o'clock.

A couple of highlights from the night:
1) While talking about where one of Becca's teammates is from (and why she was being picked up at the Atlanta Airport)...Erin told me that she was from somewhere in North Carolina....you know, where they have the Daytona 500.
2) While in line at Target, a sweet Asian lady asked me if the Christmas card she had picked out was a "good" Christmas card. Upon looking at the card, I realized she had gotten a "Thank You" card that said those words on the front....and the words "....very much" on the inside. Needless to say she couldn't read English....so I took her back over to the card section and showed her where the Christmas cards were. She was thankful. She could have given me the original card...but she didn't.
3) While waiting for Erin to finish at Target...one of the workers noticed that I had a baby on my chest and asked how old he was. Upon hearing that he was 2 weeks old she commented (with a straight face), "Oh, they are so cute before they can talk."

Yes. It was a good night.

No comments: