Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Great Day in L'town



We actually made it through an entire day at home....HOORAY for Orantes. Erin got some good rest last night and was able to relax a bit better here at home...so O-daddy did better feeding with her as well. We are still using a bottle to help, but we should be on our way. I went to work today for the first time this week and things went fine except for one period (right, 5th period?). Exams are right around the corner so I will have a good two weeks off real soon. Nina and Ghee are being very helpful and Nina is staying with us....which is wonderful. Will and Cat are here now and are eating the little man up. Cat was in Beaufort, SC this weekend keeping her 8 nieces and nephews for her oldest brother who went out of town for a few days. She is so excited to be here and holding him...its fun to see her so excited.

The picture above is from the ride home last night. He likes to curl his legs up like a frog.....they are so long he had to keep them folded up inside Erin for so long....it must be comforting to keep them that way.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot.....we went to see Dr. Jan again today and she was very complimentary of how well he is doing now. He has gained some good weight...up to 7 lbs 3 oz now....and that is just wonderful news. Dr. Jan told Erin that she has to sleep for 6 consecutive hours tonight so that she can get the rest she needs...and also so that her feeding might get a little more consistent. That means that Nina or me (I vote for Nina) gets to wake up for the night feedings tonight. She won't be here forever, so I need to take advantage while I can....right?

Anyway, Erin has a few words that she would like to share.....here she is...........

I just wanted to say one word to my sweet friends and all those praying for us. I have greatly appreciated and loved the encouragement and advice of everyone who understands my feeding issues. My emotions had hit their limit on monday and anything made me cry. Especially loved ones calling for an update on AJ and my time at home, and they had no idea that I was sitting in a small room for sick kids in an emergency.
And it was my kid in an emergency.
And it was my fault he was the way he was.(at least that was what my mind was telling me)
And it was...

I had hit my bottom on monday night with the emotions. Head wise, I was great and knew that my sweet baby was in God's hands and perfect plan. That connection to my heart was a little behind. Adam was trying to stop the flow of tears in asking that I get no more calls for a bit, but I did want you all to know that i felt your love in checking on us.

Speaking of my husband... I need say how incredible he has been since labor began. (I kinda freaked him out for a second early friday when I just happened to mention that I was having contractions and that I think they are 5 minutes apart. I had never been in labor and did not know for sure what I was feeling, so I felt no rush to be the pregnant lady that wakes her doctor in the middle of the night and makes a big deal of something that ends up being false labor. I do work in a hospital and know how nurses and doctors talk about patients. But after one minute of "oh my", he has just stepped into this new role and extended beyond the man I thought I knew.) Adam was calm and patient throughout labor. He did his job with the hehehehes, and then laughed with me as I discovered the joys of a body after baby comes out. And through every step of AJ's issues, Adam has been THE MAN. I could not and would not want to have walked through the last five days without my husband beside me. He is the warrior God has called him to be in every way for me and my family. Thank you Babe, I love you so much and thank God everyday for protecting us for eachother. You are my hero.

I love you all and will talk to you later. (And do notice that I use the name AJ.)

6 comments:

TMB said...

SO glad to hear things have taken a totally different turn. you are both amazing parents! AJ is very blessed to have you both!

erin, rest up! remember your body is in recovery mode...
love you all
xo

paige said...

so glad all is better. he is so so precious.
the whole nursing thing definately is an adjustment & takes a while so hang in there. ya'll will get it down in no time!
what a precious family
xo

Jana said...

You guys are going through exactly what we went through with the bilirubin levels and feeding difficulty and nurse nightmares. We did have the benefit of being stuck at the hospital for 4 nights b/c of the C-section, so they worked out the levels b/f we were released and once I made space between myself and the hospital, Stone and I were able to get into a feeding routine...time to yourself and AJ is all you need. We think about you guys constantly and wish we could do some of it for you...poor Erin...I remember crying at the phone too...what little sleep I did get, the phone was ringing. My cousin, Monica, finally took it off the hook. Each day gets easier and sweeter.
Merry Christmas!

Jana said...

By way, mamas are awesome and definitely from the Lord. Brent still begs me to have my mom come to stay for awhile. He grew accustomed to her help and Stone just coos all over her.

TMB said...

ok, so i have a name theory! if his blood type had, in fact, been O...then Orantes might have been a fitting name. BUUUT, since his blood type is AB...AJ is the only suitable name! right???? yes, right!!

hope you all had another great night!!
love you
xo

Adriane said...

Adam and Erin!!! Oh this has been so fun to read your blog! Sorry it's taken a while to reply... 1.) LOVE the name AJ... have to admit, I was very confused at first and
2.) Praise the Lord for His Faithfulness. I know that y'all are already such wonderful and fun parents. I can't wait to see it in FULL effect! Know that we are excited and will be praying for the days to come... love y'all both!

Adriane and Ryan