Tuesday, January 8, 2008

one month and one day

this is picture of mommy trying to capture first smile. mommy was a little slow. but you can see the end of a smile.

today was such a blessing to my sweet soul. today was a day to celebrate my new motherhood (rather than yesterday). sweet Aj smiled at me two times for a long time. yes, they were real smiles to my face. he was not sleeping or dreaming. i was simply changing Aj and talking really close to his face, and then he broke into a smile as i began to cry. Aj (and the Lord) knew i needed a smile. love.
more blessings today came with visits to the house... Aunt Cayce, Ms. Heather, and Aunt tt. their visits were heart warming. a million questions were asked by myself and Aj to these beautiful mothers with such experience. ( i also drilled Wanda Stidham and Crazy Deb from work when they visited the day before)they all made me feel very normal and greatly encouraged me in ways they will never know. thank you girls.
Ms. Heather brought her girly girl, Annie. Annie made Aj blush by sharing her dollie, blankie, and another blanket. she laid them ALL on Aj while he was in the swing. so precious. i love Annie so much.
thank you so much to all those praying for my new family. i trully felt the Lord's presence today (as i should every day) in everything i did (even when i got up at 4 am to feed Aj after an "interesting" discussion with my husband). i do have to say that the great weather has helped my hormones. who knows what will come tomorrow.

this is one of my future babysitters, Meagan. she was a natural with Aj and he took very well to her. she held him so well that Aj was dreaming in her arms. mommy Wanda did a good job too!
(i am new to blogging and forgot to turn picture before posting. sorry)look closely and find Annie, dollie, blankie, and pink blanket. Aj would have made a beautiful girl, but Orantes Grant would definately not have worked for the name.

one more note...everyone needs to go to Heather's blogspot to read about her morning as a mom. Annie gave her mom a story to tell. www.hheaton.blogspot.com just picture that innocent face above.

3 comments:

TMB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TMB said...

i am so glad he gave a big smile to his precious mother! it truly is renewing when they begin to smile. you start to see a lot more of their personality! beautiful! erin, you're an awesome mom! aj is so blessed to have you!
love you guys

( i was the one that deleted the comment above, because i spelled something wrong! :))

Heather said...

I am going to put another picture of AJ with 'the goods' on my blog. You are so sweet Erin. You remember that you have the mommy instinct. From the second that AJ breathed his first breath in this world ... your life changed forever. You will never have another moment where you are not a mom ... and with that comes a lot of worry, anxiety, happiness, and fulfillment. AJ is the Lord's child ... you and Adam are his EARTHLY parents only. His life is in the hands that created him ... try and think of that when you start to worry. I remember agonizing about everything with Tucker and until I really came face to face with HE IS NOT MINE and I SERVE A MIGHTY, HOLY GOD ... was I able to release Tuck to God and really ENJOY the happiness and fulfillment part .... and less of the worry. Love you girl. Keep up the good work. I promise ... 6 weeks and the fog will lift a little.