Thursday, January 3, 2008

my turn

My sweet husband has been great at managing the blog of our precious baby boy's first days of life. But, I do have to say that it has been very "boyish" and I am ready to "girlify" it a bit. You may not see me calling him Little O and O daddy for a while, b/c I did win the poll and must take advantage of my win. AJ is a beautiful name and must be used. (Orantes Grant, you do have a beautiful name as well. It is just not my baby's REAL name. Sorry)
I also have to say that you will be seeing more pictures. I have to admit that I go look at other people's blog's and just look for pictures (not you tays or heather. i do care what your thoughts are.)Others must do the same thing. So, to start, I have added some pictures my friend tays took the other day. We needed something on this blog without AJ being in a UGA something or other and these bring my "girlifyness" to the site.
Many have asked how the feeding is going, as my sweet husband asked for prayers a few weeks ago. I do not have much to say, but that it is at a standstill. AJ is obviously eating, pooping, and peeing. But,not eating the way I would wish for him. At the moment, he drinks formula and expressed milk from a bottle. We will leave the comments to that for the moment. I keep working with him everyday, and I feel that one day he will just latch on and everything will be great. Keep praying till then. Thank God I do have a healthy boy that is thriving.
Thank you Adam for keeping this blog the way you have been over the past four weeks. (MY BABY IS 4 WEEKS OLD TOMORROW. WOW.) You have done a marvelous job at telling the world about our journey with AJ so far. I love you so much more than I ever have and thank God it is with YOU I can share this journey.
You all will have to be patient with me as I learn which direction to take this blog. I do not want people to get tired of me bragging about my sweet baby or something to that effect. Maybe, I will use this as a reflective place for me to release all my different thoughts and feelings as a new mom or as a get to know the Cantrells site. I have no idea. We will see what happens.Bye Bye for tonight.

4 comments:

paige said...

happy new year erin! just think, 365 new beginnings for you and your little man.....such a precious precious time.
congratulations again !
xo

TMB said...

way to go erin!! you're post is great!

xoxo

Heather said...

Yay! Glad to see it 'girlified'!!! Can't wait to see you and AJ ... you brag all you want sweet girl. I'll listen to the bragging as long as you do it!

Julie said...

What a beautiful little guy you have there! I've so enjoyed all the pics on the blog and keeping up with him/you via Ghee! Now that things have settled down a bit, I want to bring you dinner. Let me know a good night.Best Wishes, Julie and Bruce