Tuesday, December 9, 2008

What's Happening????

So Erin took our boy to the doctor yesterday for his 1 year check-up. She ran into Greer (one of my oldest friends) while there so I got to catch up with her (through Erin) a little bit. She has 3 little girls now and had the youngest (very new...just a couple of months) in to see Dr. Soapes as the little cutie was not feeling to well. O-daddy's appointment went pretty well. He looks healthy and got some more shots....which he did not appreciate one bit. He is still cranking out the inches as he is still in the 97th% but is way behind my weight at this age. Mom told me today that he is 4 lbs lighter than I was (sorry...can't give you the numbers as Erin could not remember the actual measurements)....but that could certainly be a good thing....as you really didn't know if I even had a neck at that age. There was just this chubby head sitting on a body. O-dawg does have a neck....and you can even see it.
We celebrated Big Boy's birthday on Saturday with all of our family...or as much as could come. We had a great time and he has lots of new toys. I must admit that my Black and Decker work station is his favorite at this point. It makes lots of noises and has tools that he can carry around (trying to keep them out of his mouth) and stuff. Dranny gave him a really nice horse to ride but he is too scared of it at this point to enjoy it. He got lots of blocks and loves to stack them already....and he has started looking at some of the books too (finally). Mom and Dad gave him a cool UGA jacket as well. I hope it snows sometime this break so we can get him all bundled up in it play outside. This first year went really fast. Guess what everyone says is true....I'll turn around tomorrow and be taking him to kindergarten...the next day he'll graduate from high school....and before long I'll be a granddad wondering where all the time went. Kinda scary. No, very scary.
Sooooo....on another note. Erin continues to be a bit sick....which is different than last time....which makes her suspect that there might be a little girl in her belly. I am scared to death of having girls.....but did always want to have one (if I must) in between two boys. I guess my feelings kind of changed when I found out how close our first two will be....as having two boys so close would be just great. They could be best buds and play on the same teams and all that stuff. I don't know anything about girls though (just ask Erin) so I might be raising a tom-boy.....although Erin will probably scoff at that possibility. The real issue is that girls are just so dang expensive. But I can't worry about all of that.....God will take care of us.

1 comment:

Greer Dierkes said...

I don't know if Erin told you but I had just read your blog (Mary sent me the link, so, yes, someone reads it!) the morning that I ran into her, so I had been thinking about you both all morning...crazy...I loved seeing Erin at Dr. Jan's and the next night (along with Cayce and your mom) at the RBC mother-daughter party. AJ is a DOLL! I am so happy for you both with the new baby that will be here before you know it! I hope it's a girl :0) Everyone needs a little drama in their lives, right? I hope we are all able to get together in January at our place again...Mary is pulling something together....should be fun! Merry Christmas to all of you!