Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Blues

So Erin wrote a pretty nice post on her blog about missing Israel during this time of year....and that is true for me all the time. That place is great....and if I thought I could scratch out a living over there I just might move my family there. It would be significanlty more dangerous, obviously, but nothing the Lord could not handle for us. He hasn't called me there yet, so staying put is what's on that agenda. So Thanksgiving was a bit of a downer this year as AJ has been sick pretty much the whole time. Erin's family was all over the place so we did not spend that time on Thursday with them that we normally do....and then Friday saw another break in tradition as my side of the family did not get together at my grandparent's house. If that was not a bummer enough.....the rains came in full force Friday night and continued through most of the UGA game on Saturday. That (and the temperature) kept Erin at home even though she was going to try to go with me for the first time this year. Turns out she didn't miss anything good....as the UGA defense really disappointed. Needing someone to blame, I found out that Erin did not put O-daddy's Knowshon jersey on for the game.....she failed with that for the Florida game as well.....so I will blame it all on her. It should not happen again. My dad has chosen to blame Coach Fabris and has stated that if he is not gone for next year.....Will and I will be paying for the season tickets if we want to keep them. I am not exactly sure where my part will come from....but its gonna happen one way or another. We can't give up those tickets at this point....not with all the issues that starting over would cause. $10,000 to get started on season tickets???? There is no way that could ever happen for Willie and I.....but it is about time we started paying for the tickets anyway....as we use 90% of them anyway. It stinks that Sat's game might be the last time I get to see Stafford and Moreno play live in Samford Stadium......but you never know what kind of decision they might make. I'd be suprised if they both stay....but if one does....I think its more likely they both will. Next year could be tough without those two......especially since we already are losing MoMass. Enough of this depressing info.....but I have nothing else to say today.
Editors note- I failed to mention that we did have a nice Thanksgiving dinner on Wednesday night at my parent's house with a good number of folks from my side of the family. It was a good 3 hours and O-daddy actually acted pretty normal during that time. Uncle Stephen and his kids were there...so that was really nice too.

No comments: